Welcome to play My2050 – an adventure game about the future and climate change!
My2050 is an entertaining combination of escape room and geocaching mixed with facts and possible future scenarios. It is open and free to play for anyone.
You can start your adventure anytime; all you need is your phone and 60 minutes of your time. You can play My2050 either in Espoo (Espoo Centre), Tampere (starting from Keskustori by the Old Church), or Vantaa (starting from Heureka, in Tikkurila).
In the game, a youtube superstar and climate influencer, Niha Bee, will be your guide to the future, as she will show you how life is in the 2050s.
You have 60 minutes to venture out and collect as many points and achievements as possible. The game ends when the 60 minutes have passed.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY2050 PLAYERS
1. We recommend playing in a team of 2-3 people. The game is designed for youngsters and adults. Recommended age is over 12. Younger children can play with their parents or older friends.
2. Take a close look at these game instructions beforehand so you don’t miss any game time.
3. You need one mobile device for each player/team. Download the X-routes app to your phone or tablet for free from the device’s own store (download X-routes from Google Play Store / or from Apple AppStore) and create a player/team name.
4. Go to play with a full battery and allow the GPS locating of your mobile device.
5. Start the game…
…in Espoo at Espoo Center at the junction of Espoonkatu and Kansliapolku (click to see the location on the map).
…in Tampere in front of Tampere Old Church by Keskustori (click to see the location on the map). Notice: My2050Tre guides players to Näsinpuisto. For groups, a good meeting point after the game is Museum Milavida ().
…in Vantaa in front of the Heureka, near Tikkurila station (click to see the location on the map).
At the starting point, find the right game (My2050 + the right city) from the X-routes application.
6. 60 minutes of playtime starts when you click to enter the game. The game closes after 60 minutes have passed. You can keep track of the time spent on the clock at the bottom left of the screen.
7. You will first see your position on the map (a small purple ball) and the first checkpoint, the rest of the checkpoints will appear as the game progresses. To see the contents of the checkpoint, you must first use the map to navigate yourself to the checkpoint and then click on the checkpoint.
8. You can go to different checkpoints in any order. The faster you move, the more checkpoints you will reach during the game.
9. Some of the checkpoints include YouTube videos. The videos are spoken in Finnish, but they contain English subtitles. Make sure to click ‘ON’ on the English subtitles.
10. By successfully opening the checkpoints, you will receive points and achievements. To open a checkpoint, you need to solve a puzzle, enter the puzzle’s answer as an opening code in the box below, and click “OPEN”. The code may contain numbers and/or letters. You can guess the correct code several times and use a hint if necessary. Using the hint reduces your points.
11. There are also a few secret checkpoints in the game. Secret checkpoints are just for the fastest and smartest players! They won’t appear on the map, but you will hear a sound when they appear in the game’s menu. You can score points from secret checkpoints by going to the right location by following the given hint and by clicking “OPEN” when at the right location.
12. Finding information from the internet during the game is allowed but not necessary.
13. When encountering technical problems or losing GPS locating, it is advisable to close and reopen the app. After closing, you can continue from where you were. If the GPS locating of your mobile device is weak, or if the internet connection is slow, it is advisable to choose another device for the game. The game works seamlessly with almost all modern mobile devices, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee full functionality on all mobile devices found on the market. If you encounter a problem with the app you can also choose to play on a web browser (Safari/Chrome) https://play.x-routes.com/.
14. Reduce battery consumption during the game by closing other applications in the background. You should adjust the display brightness, volume, and screen standby mode to suit your needs before the game. You can see zoom the puzzle pictures bigger by clicking them.
15. Players move around at their own risk during the game. So be careful when moving around the game area, and always follow the traffic rules.
16. Be quick and clever, and work well together with your pair/team!
17. Not finished yet? You can play My2050 again by registering with a new player profile. This requires deleting and reloading the app or erasing browser history.
HAVE FUN, AND THANKS FOR PLAYING!
We’d love to hear your feedback on the game! Your feedback will help us improve the game, so please send us feedback and questions by e-mail: email@example.com.
The English version of My2050 has been funded by Finland´s Ministry of the Environment, and the translation was done by Witty Writers.